Healthy Eating Active Living
The Collaborative has been working together since 2002 in the Gold Country Region to promote the goals of the Network.
The Gold Country Region has an informed population that eats healthy foods and is physically active within communities that support healthy lifestyles.
To improve the health of children, families, and individuals within the Gold Country Region through education, policies, and environments that promote physical activity, nutrition, and access to healthy foods.
The HEAL Collaborative works toward our vision and mission by:
Assisting in the coordination & creation of opportunities that integrate nutrition education, physical activity, and increased availability of healthy foods.
Promoting and educating on changes that will increase availability of healthy foods and physical activity for the CalFresh eligible population.
Offering an annual mini-grant program that allocates funds for nutrition education and physical activity projects.
Providing a web site where resources, events, and other valuable information are shared.
Developing a Strategic Plan to determine key objectives that actively promote our vision and mission.
The Collaborative's Activities include:
- Advising on training for nutrition/physical activity professionals in the region
- Compiling and disseminating best practices in the area of nutrition, physical activity and food security in the region
- Sharing materials and resources
- Developing and implementing a mini-grant program to support the goals of the California Nutrition Network
- Developing and implementing a Strategic Initiative
The Collaborative strives to represent with specific access to target populations within our communities by recruiting members with special interest or expertise in nutrition, physical activity, and health in the California Gold Country Region from:
- Public Health Organizations
- Local Municipalities
- Educational Institutions
- Non-profit Organizations
- Local Health Departments
- For-profit Organizations
- Faith Communities
The Collaborative meets quarterly, on the 4th Tuesday of that month from 9:00-12pm (unless otherwise noted). Locations will vary, please look for details in our bi-monthly newsletter.
One time per quarter, the collaborative holds day long meetings for training and resource sharing in various locations throughout the region. For more information, please visit our calendar page.
- Email: Dana Fields-Johnson
- Phone: 916.556.3344
FORMS (pdf format)
- Promising Practices Form
- Have a great program or event you would like to share?
- New Member Form
- Would you like to join the Heal Collaborative?
- Issue Paper
- Access to Healthy foods: The Challenges and Implication for Food Stamp Eligible Recipients in Low-Income Neighborhoods.