One time per quarter, the collaborative holds day long meetings for training and resource sharing in various locations throughout the region.
Here you will find information on upcoming meetings and have access to information shared at previous meetings.
Promising Practices Exchange | Sept. 19, 2013
Agenda / Program Overview
The Change Game - Rabbi David
Farm to School Initiative - Sonia Fernandez
Fit for Life Sundays - Pastor Simmons
RYD San Joaquin - Tara Lew
Valley Hi HEAL Zone - Shaunda Johnson
Check out some photos from the day!
July 23, 2013
Cities' Role in Obesity Prevention- Stefan Harvey
Planting Seeds for a Lifetime of Movement - Michelle Buran
January 29, 2013
Case Study - Diana Cassady
Promising Practices Forum
September 6, 2012
* CNAP - Sutter County Public Health
* Farm Stands in Low Income Faith Based Communities
* Successful Strategies implemented at the St Paul Missionary Baptist Church Farm Stand
* T2X Rethink Your Drink Campaign
* Uncommon Allies and New Approaches
* The Power of Promotoras
* Plan, Shop, Save, Cook
* Weight of the Nation
* Fit Kids Presentation
* Using Social Media to Educate and Engage Communities
* First 5 San Joaquin : Engaging Parents & Children Together
Check out the photos from the day!
July 24, 2012
Presentations and Handouts:
Dru Bagwell: Alliance for a Healthier Generation
Jovanna Gonsalves: RYD Your Drink in San Joaquin County
Sample Text to Promote RYD Pledge
RYD Pledge Partner Agreement
Share the Pledge!
April 24, 2012
Presentations and Handouts:
2012 Steering Committee
Healthy Beverage Policy Draft
Healthy Beverage Policy - from employee handbook
Sample Healthy Food / Beverage Policies
Developing Organizational Policies to Support Healthy Food and Beverage Environments - Stefan Harvey
The CA Field Poll
Sample Assessment Tool
Sample RYD Launch Opportunities
Families Fit Together - Lindsey Sherrin
January 10, 2012
BANPAC's 2010 Rethink Your Drink Initiative
Seizing the Moment to Build Healthier Communities
Network for a Healthy CA - Healthy Beverage Initiative
"Healthy Cooking with Kids" and the Benicia Unified School District (BUSD) Nutrition Education Program
July 27, 2010
Evaluation Resources Handout
HEAL Champion for Change Nomination Form
April 27, 2010
November 17, 2009
Subcommittee Progress and Overview
Social Media Presentation by Crossings TV
Video- Soda Free Summer Youth Entry
Video- CNN story on the unhealthy effects of energy drinks
July 28, 2009 meeting recap
And here are some photos from the day.
- Email: Dana Fields-Johnson
- Phone: 916.556.3344
FORMS (pdf format)
- Promising Practices Form
- Have a great program or event you would like to share?
- New Member Form
- Would you like to join the Heal Collaborative?
- Issue Paper
- Access to Healthy foods: The Challenges and Implication for Food Stamp Eligible Recipients in Low-Income Neighborhoods.